The church of St. Alphonsus and Columba was built in 1856. Unfortunately, because it is exposed to the wind and rain on Killiney Hill, it suffered water-ingress for many years. The East wall was saturated with water and the roof timber was rotting.

The good news is the issues have now been resolved and our church has been restored and is fully operational every day of the week and needed by our busy parish.